Seeking Full-time Legal Programs Assistant
Join the SCBVLP as a Legal Programs Assistant. This will be an incredible opportunity for a talented individual who is seeking the opportunity to grow and learn about nonprofits, legal aid, public relations, operations, marketing, fund raising and customer service.
The LP Assistant provides customer service and administrative duties in support of the public, volunteer attorneys, staff, and community partners. This position works collaboratively with both the SCBA and Volunteer Lawyers Program to ensure the office functions smoothly. This position is 37.5 hours per week with a full benefits package.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provides exemplary customer service to all
· Research and deliver document request for volunteer attorneys
· Assist with legal clinics within the courtroom
· Assists general public with form sales and resource information regarding volunteer lawyers programs (VLP). Control inventory and manage point-of-sale form sales.
· Keeps the office running smoothly by ensuring supplies are stocked, in order, and the office is clean (including common staff areas)
· Legal Server data entry and extract as needed
· Prepares and sends out professional correspondence
· Performs general clerical duties
· Facilitates client placement with volunteer attorney or other resource
· Remains flexible to handle priorities as they arise
· Assists with social and fundraising events
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High school diploma, GED, is required
· 1 years’ experience working in professional office environment or retail required
· Prior experience within a non-profit organization or legal office preferred
· Ability to speak other languages a plus
· Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; and other standard office equipment
· Retail experience/ cash management beneficial
Physical Abilities Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to: Sit for prolonged periods of time; stand, walk and climb stairs; operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard and utilize verbal and written communication to exchange information; Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors; Occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist.
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities
Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
Dependability: ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
Judgment: ability to work independently with limited supervision; ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
Language Ability: ability to read, and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, staff, clients, customers, and the general public.
Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with precision; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work
Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to walk through problems involving multiple variables.
While performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job, the employee is exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels. Multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment is an integral part of this position.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to ExecDir@SpokaneBar.org by December 15, 2021
The SCBVLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, marital status sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, or presence of a disability. The SCBVLP, in partnership with the SCBA and legal community, is working to challenge systemic racism in the regional justice system.