top of page


Gonzaga Law School: Low-Cost Legal Assistance (ULA)

​Legal aid for:

  • Low-income persons 60 years of age and older (Spokane County residents)

  • Low-income taxpayers (250% of the Federal poverty level) with tax problems before the Internal Revenue Service and the United States Tax Court

  • Environmental law and land use (not-for-profit environmental programs in the Inland Northwest)

  • Kalispel Tribal law (civil law and criminal misdemeanors)

  • Business law (start-up and development-stage enterprises)


Housing Counseling - Washington State Foreclosure Fairness Program

Contact a free housing counselor anytime

  • Understand your options

  • Determine the best course of action​

  • Mediation Program referrals

       1-877-894-HOME (4663)

Kinship Care

Assistance for caregivers:

  • Provides help to family members who are raising a relative's child

  • Gain information

  • Locate resources

  • Maintain family cohesiveness

     Read the newsletter

        509.458.7450 (option 4)

Moderate Means Program

Legal aid for:

  • Individuals who make too much for legal assistance programs

Northwest Justice Project

Legal aid for:

  • Housing

  • Family safety

  • Predatory lending

  • Discrimination

  • Disabilities


Northwest Mediation Center

Mediation for:

  • Consumer Issues

  • Disputes with Small Businesses

  • Divorce

  • Elder Law Issues

  • Landlord/Tenant

  • Parenting Plans/Residential Schedules


SNAP East (500 S. Stone: inside East Central Community Center)

Counseling for:

  • Housing

  • Foreclosure Prevention


Spokane County Bar Association Online Lawyer Referral Service

Search for Spokane-area attorneys in private practice charging regular attorney fees

Washington Law Help

Information on:

  • Family and Safety

  • Housing

  • Money/Debt

  • Crime, traffic, and ID

  • Seniors

  • Public benefits

  • Forms help Try the tutorial!


Legal aid for:

  • Domestic Violence

  • Shelter for Domestic Violence victims 

  • Family Law - divorce, custody, child support, parentage, and protection orders


bottom of page